Spiritual Disciplines are not one more thing we add to our lengthy list of things we do to try and make us righteous or holy, and it’s not a religious self-help program toward holiness. We have plenty of those and they don’t work.
Spiritual Disciplines are ways we approach the throne of grace, where Jesus-the only one who can form us into the person He made us to be-can have access to our deepest longings and truly transform us from the inside out.
I was invited to be a guest on People Who See podcast where we discussed the following questions and more concerning spiritual disciplines.
- What do we do when we find ourselves longing for more in our faith?
- How do we survive the desert moments of our faith?
- How can the disciplines stretch us to reimagine the ways we connect with God?
- How would our spiritual lives change if we approached our relationship with God the way we approached other relationships?
- How can we begin our own journey with the disciplines?